I have noticed that many of the more advanced shamanic classes are only offered after basic prerequisite classes are taken and sometimes this is a good idea.
In the not-so-distant past, shamanism was almost unknown in the United States. However, in more recent years, there are now a sizeable number of shamanic practitioners who are ready for more advanced shamanic workshops. Many of these modern shamanic practitioners have learned in a variety of different ways and often from more than one source.
Perhaps you’ve noted a strong shamanic overlap in such practices as meditation, yoga, mysticism, and the Kabala. Some of the basics of shamanism are very similar and do not need to be repeated. In cases where a practitioner has trained in one style (of shamanism) for a number of years and then moves to another style, prerequisites may not be needed.
When I develop a shamanic presentation, the content is designed for both the newcomer and the advanced shamanic practitioner. I begin many of my presentations with what I refer to as ‘Level One Shamanism’, which is basic information helpful in introducing shamanism.
It’s often been my experience that the socially acculturated routine energies of the personal intellect are the least effective energies we use. The daily self, or personal ego, is only a small part of who and what we are.
In the workshop presentation, the energies of the group are harmonized, thus raising them as I call up the vast energy of COMPASSION. Raised compassionate energies help the shamanic group in the following ways:
1. Compassionate energy spiritualizes the workshop group and the whole area.
2. These spiritualized energies have a healing effect on the Earth, the sky, people, and animals.
3. Compassionate energy helps spiritual elders and people work together.
4. Compassion draws forth our higher self and our authentic heart self.
5. The nature of the Creator of the Universe is Compassion.
6. I practice and teach compassionate shamanism.
7. As shamanism is learned, personal INTENT is developed and polished. Polished intent may be used to co-create personal reality.
8. I teach that polished shamanic level INTENT should be directed with compassion.
At my classes, each attendee has the choice of engaging on the energetic level in a very deep, life-affecting way, or, should they desire, the attendee may simply observe with gentle intellectual curiosity. It is totally up to the attendee how they choose to participate; either on a deep or shallow level, and how to approach the compassionate energies within the group. The level of participation is a personal choice and is of course, free from judgment.
We can and should learn from everyone, however, the highest spiritual and shamanic authority always comes from within. Personal prayer to the Creator cannot be replaced by any human and each person must nourish and develop their own personal relationship with Spirit.
May you live from your most authentic, heartfelt self.